Thank you for your interest in the 2013 Battle of Flowers® Parade. There are five ways groups may participate, depending upon the amount of time, money, and energy your group would like to invest.
The annual Battle of Flowers® Parade revolves around a different theme each year. Entries require a Title which fits the overall Parade Theme. The entry must also conform with decorations and costumes appropriate to the different ways to participate. This year's theme is "Celebrations!" The 2013 Theme Sheet serves to help you choose an appropriate title.
Due to television time constraints, only a limited number of entries may be accepted. The acceptance of any entry must be approved by the Parade Board. Entries of political or religious nature will not be accepted.
The types of participation in the Battle of Flowers® Parade include:
- Amusements which is a costumed group that performs an act to entertain the crowd. Walking groups in costume are not allowed. Participants must be over the age of twelve (12). A banner identifying the group must be carried. High School cheerleading and or pep squads are not eligible.
Approximate Cost: Costumes, banner and time to perfect the routine.
- Antique Cars for Parade purposes is defined as one built in 1939 or earlier. The vehicle and participants must be heavily decorated in conformance to their Theme.
Approximate Cost: Fee for vehicle rental, decorations and costumes.
- Horse Drawn Carriages and Wagons must be heavily decorated and conform to the Parade Theme, Participants and driver must also conform to their chosen theme.
Approximate Cost: Fee for carriage/wagon rental, decorations and costumes.
- Floats must conform to the Parade Theme. Due to public safety, there are specific float and towing requirements. All rules and regulations must be followed. Sketch approval from the Parade Board is strongly recommended prior to the start of construction of the float.
Approximate Cost for Float: Float construction, decorations, plus costumes for participants.
- Commercial Balloons for the purposes of our Parade are large characters or figures filled with helium. Only hot air balloons are eligible to fly down the Parade Route. Balloon selection must be made with the assistance of the Commercial Balloons Section Chair. A professional balloon handler will train and accompany your group down the Parade Route.
Approximate Cost: Fee for balloon rental, 25 volunteers from your organization to handle the balloon down the Parade Route.
For further information regarding participation, please send correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE BATTLE OF FLOWERS® PARADE!
¡VIVA FIESTA! 2013_Ways_to_Participate